Thursday, March 18, 2010

Outside fun and squatters

Its been in the mid 80's over the past week or so. And for Maryam, warm weather means, OUTSIDE fun! We (or Daddy) cleaned out the water table for her to play in. She LOVES the water table.

I HATE THESE BIRDS!!!! These are our patio squatters. Did you know that Doves are the worst nest builders in the bird world? They are awful! In the above picture you can see the dove sitting on what, 3 twigs? Yeah, that's her nest. The beam she's building it on is about 2.5" wide. The other 30 twigs are on the ground below her. DUH! And they do this EVERYDAY, ALL DAY! Its insane. In the picture below you can see her stoic mate bringing another twig. Should I even bother telling him that it too, will end up on the ground below them? ANNOYING! The worst part of it all is that every time I go out on my own back patio they go nuts thinking I'm going to try to get their "nest". I have to keep the door closed because they get easily confused and I'm afraid that one of them is going to fly inside. A couple of months ago one of them came in the house! Maryam still talks about it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: