Sunday, April 3, 2011

The bandage is off!

Last night I took Maryam's bandage off of her incision. Thankfully I still have some adhesive remover left over from when Maryam was on oxygen! The tape he used over the bandage is the same tape we used to keep on her nasal cannula.
I managed to get the bandage off without hurting her, but she still cried most of the time. She started crying as soon as we told her it had to come off. But as soon as I got it all the way off, she said, "See, that wasn't so bad." After that it was bath time!!!! She was a little guarded at first, but then it was like she forgot the stitches were even there. After the bath I put a band aid on it.
Here are some pictures of the incision. There are 5 stitches and the whole site looks great!




1 comment:

  1. The end of an era... congratulations! What an enormous accomplishment! I'm so proud of you both. Love, Palak

    ReplyDelete