Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Battle Colors Ceremony

This morning Brett and I took the children on to the base to see the Battle Colors Ceremony. It was RAD. We saw the USMC Commandant's Own Drum and Bugle Corps and the USMC Silent Drill Platoon. In a proud mommy moment I'm happy to report that my children stayed quiet during the Silent Drill performance. Hooray! And when the Drum and Bugle Corps played they clapped along and wanted to dance!
I've had a few conversations with Brett and my friends today remembering when we last saw this concert. It was our senior year of high school. We ditched school, some of us with parental permission, to go see this amazing talent. I remember my dad saying, "You've never seen anything like it. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. School will be there tomorrow!" Thanks Dad! He was right! We all still remember going to the performance, watching it and even the songs on the radio that were playing on the drive back to school. I think that's a pretty good testimonial to the kind of impression this show leaves.
I'm very happy I got to share this with my children. I know they're still very young and may not remember today. But I have a suspicion that they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment