Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reading

Maryam has been reading!!! It's pretty awesome. I'm so proud of her! She read Dr. Seauss' Hop on Pop with very little help. I made her pace herself at 20 pages a night because I don't want her to get frustrated or tired. Tonight she read a brand new book that she's never seen before! She struggled a bit with certain words but she did great!
It's funny because just a few weeks ago in Yosemite we had a funny conversation. Maryam picked up a pine cone and I said, Maryam that sign says not to remove pine cones from the park. She looked at me as serious as can be and said, Mommy, I can't read. I guess she won't be saying that anymore!
Jax loves being read to just like Maryam did before she started reading. Every night before they go to bed they each pick a book and I read it to them. Jax has picked the same book every night for about a month. It's a Thomas book that has 20 or so different stories in it. Maryam hangs out in Jax's room or sometimes bed, and hears his story before moving into her room for her story.
I love them so much. I'm so proud to be their mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment