Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Easy Jax

I caught myself saying "lugging this guy around" today. Its funny because Jax is so very portable. When I want to walk around carrying him, I can! I just walk around! I don't have to wrap up O2 tubing and pull a cart with an O2 tank on it. I don't have to rig up a feeding pump in the car. Jax will take a bottle or nurse. I don't have to place an NG tube 5 times a day. He doesn't have any tubes!!!
Last night Brett and I were talking about how we catch ourselves doing things the hard way. Brett said that when he changes Jax's clothes he is cautious not to snag his button. Can't snag a button that isn't there! I caught myself taking Jax's clothes off down his feet instead of over his head. We couldn't take Maryam's clothes off over her head or we'd end up with clothes on her oxygen tube.
I will be eternally grateful to God for giving us Maryam first. I didn't know how hard we really had it until we had this easy guy.
We're so fortunate to have two beautiful, healthy, happy children. Oh and for the record, I'm fully aware that I'm not supposed to compare them to each other. I just couldn't help it!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment