Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My former 25 weeker

Today is Prematurity Awareness day. I thought I'd take a few minutes to tell you about my 1st Preemie, Maryam.
Maryam was born when I was pregnant for only 25w 2d. She was alive for 7 weeks on a ventilator before I was even allowed to hold her. She spent a total of 154 days in the hospital. She had 3 surgeries, a PDA ligation, laser eye surgery and a fundoplication w/g tube placement.
Maryam's NICU stay was a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. Every night when we'd leave the hospital we'd fear a phone call from the hospital telling us to come back.
Finally 1 week before her 5 month birthday she got to come home with us. Since then she has grown into the brilliant, sweet, beautiful little girl that you read about today.
Its Prematurity Awareness day, hug a Preemie!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious Jen, but of course you already knew that. =)
    Lovin' her hair. I missed that post for some reason. Very cute! =)

    ReplyDelete