Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Off to a banging start

We left the house at 8am. We hit a ton of traffic in Moreno Valley. We finally got to Kaiser at 11:30. I checked Jax in at Nuclear Medicine. They sent us up to the 4th floor pediatrics unit. The unit is gorgeous! Every room has stained glass windows. The walls are painted to look like you're in a garden. The ceiling is painted with butterflies and birds. Its all beautiful.
"I knew we should have left when pee squirted in my face." Those words were uttered by Yaya! That's the kind of experience we had. Nuts, right?
We check in and are told to go into the parent's room and wait until the room we're going to be is ready. I started nursing Jax and waited for about 15 minutes. Once we were taken to our room the charge nurse started putting in his catheter. Pee squirted all over us! It was crazy!
After that, we had to watch while the sadistic nurses poked both of my sons hands looking for a vein. They finally got an IV to work on his left foot. Now I'm just hoping it doesn't collapse before his test!
We go back to nuclear medicine at 12:30 where we're told we have to wait until 1:30 for the injection! So now I'm nursing Jax again in an attempt to calm him from the torture he suffered a few minutes ago.
I'll update again later. Wish us luck!
JL
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment