Monday, February 22, 2010

Test results

Both Jax and Maryam tested negetive for RSV. (Thank God) However, in addition to the pneumonia, Maryam was/is fighting off Influenza B. Thankfully the docs were diligent and started her on Tamiflu upon admission. And because she got the flu shot, her body didn't have to fight as hard as it would have had she not been vaccinated. Now we have to keep an eye on Jax for fever. So far, so good.
Maryam is doing incredibly well. She doesn't look like or act like she was in the hospital a week ago. Jax is still wheezing but hasn't had any noticable retracting today. He didn't sleep well last night but he's been making up for it all afternoon.
Earlier today I worked up the bravery to attempt to spoon feed him. I tried to before, but he wouldn't try to suck it off the spoon like he's "suppose" to. I figured he wasn't ready. Then last night I had nightmare that I waited too long and missed the opening in his development. That turned into having another non-eater! Ack! So, today I pushed aside my fears of "screwing him up", "breaking him", "ruining him" or "making another non-eater" and went for it. He did fine. He ate the whole bowl of yummy rice cereal. Ha!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment