Friday, November 11, 2011

Jax

Jax is my very rambunctious 2 year old baby boy. Jax came into the world at the gestational age of 33w. He weighed 4 lbs, 4 ozs and was 19" long. He was in the NICU for 13 days before getting to come home.
Today Jax is the picture of a healthy boy. He loves cars, trains, helicopters, planes, trash trucks, school buses and all things Muppets. He can sing his abc's and count to 17. He has a laugh that will melt your heart and definitely make you laugh along with him.
Jax had his 2 year old well baby checkup yesterday. He weighs 33.5 lbs and is 37.5" tall. That puts him at 95% for weight and 80% for height. That's quite a growth spurt! He's always been in the 50% since he was about 6 months old. He weighs more than Maryam and she's less than a month away from being 5! He's developing wonderfully.
He's talking up a storm! I love when he says, "huga me Mommy" and reaches for me to pick him up. I love at bed time when he points to the side of his bed and says, "sleep with me Mommy." I love hearing him singing the Muppet Show theme song at the top of his lungs, it never gets old and I crack up every time!
I hate hearing him say, "Mommy go to work?" And I despise the tears that start rolling down his red puffy cheeks when I say yes. Then there's the heart break of hearing, "I miss Mommy, don't go to work." Those reasons along with Jax becoming too hard for Yaya to take care of are a few of the reasons Brett and I have made some lifestyle changes. Most recently my mom asked us to move back into her house. Next up, more change. I'll get back to that later.



No comments:

Post a Comment