Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day before Valentine Day Bowling

Around 1:00 today Jax asked to go bowling. He asked again at 1:01, 1:02, 1:03, 1:04 and well you get my point. Finally at 4:30 after his nap and after Maryam got out of school, we finally took him bowling. Well, we tried.
My car was having trouble last week, so on Friday we took it in to be fixed. While it was in we ordered 2 new tires and an alignment. Why not, right? Well the car was fixed on Saturday but the tires weren't going to be until today. So, they called this afternoon and said the car was ready! Hooray! We went to pick it up at 4:30 on the way to go bowling.
We didn't feel like moving car seats so Brett kept the kids in his car and I took off in my car. I got down the road about 1/4 of a mile when the car started to shake. Soon after that I heard a loud boom and the shaking got worse. I decided to slowly move off of the road. When I got out of the car I looked at the tire on the driver side and it was fine. When I went around to the other side i saw that the wheel was hanging off!! This is about the time that Brett and the kids pulled up. Brett got out of the car screaming profanities.
We both got into his car and headed back to the automotive repair shop. Brett explained what happened and the rest is a series events that got the wheel put back on, the car checked out again, my father-in-law and Brett regulating and a partial refund.
Finally around 7:00 Jax got to go bowling. :) Both Jax and Maryam had a great time bowling. Little Jax was so excited and cute!!! His smile melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment