Friday, August 3, 2012

Jax is sick

I know I have totally fallen off on updating my blog. I have no reason, just lots of excuses.
Right now I'm dealing with a sick little boy. Jax started getting whiney Tuesday night. He didn't have a fever or any symptoms of being sick. Wednesday he woke up with a slight fever. It was 100.5. The part that concerned me was the bloody nose he had with it. It was his first bloody nose. I gave him some Motrin to bring his temp down and he was fine the rest of the day!
Yesterday Jax woke up with a 103 temp and another bloody nose! He also started coughing a lot. Weird. So Daddy took him to the doc Thirsday afternoon. Turns out Jax has bronchitis. Yikes. Seems rather early in the year for that kind of crap! Ugh.
So Jax came home with directions to give him Albuterol neb treatments 3 to 4 times a day for 4 days and a 7 day course of Amoxicillin. Good times.
This morning he woke up at 5 am with a temp of 104.2. Super yikes! I gave him a dose of Motrin and Tylenol and draped him in a wet towel. He was quite upset but not strong enough to fight me off. After about 2 hours I got him down to 100 degrees. He fell asleep and I went back to bed. We all slept in until 10:30! Yay!
Today I gave him Motrin and Tylenol throughout the day. This kept his temp down. He's not a fan of the amoxicillin but he takes it. Tonight his temp was going back up and M started to get a fever. Her temp was 100 degrees after dinner. Both children wanted to go swimming so I said, why not? The cool pool water will help bring their temps down. It worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment