Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Honesty

I have neglected my blog and consequently my readers because something needed to give. In September my Uncle Tom died. He was the 2nd most important man in my life behind my husband. He was at every major event in my life including walking me down the aisle at my wedding. He loved my kids as they were his one grandchildren and loved me like the daughter he never had. He was my number one fan and couldn't have been more proud of me if I were the queen of the world. 
It's hard to sit down here today and write a blog entry about my kids knowing that he'll never read it. I used to call him and tell him I finished a post because I knew he'd want to read it and see the pictures. As I'd write I'd picture the smile on his face and hear his laugh as he looked at a goofy picture of my kids or read about something funny they said or did. I hate when people say, "it's not fair." But that's the sentiment I've been carrying around in my heart since his passing. He still had so much left to do here. He had just become a grandfather, a title he wore with so much pride. He had a new job that he really enjoyed. He had a lot of friends. And he had a family who loved him and needed him here. This is the most I've ever grieved the passing of anyone. It's been very difficult. I've never said anything to anyone because there really is no point. I'm only telling you now because I felt you deserved a reason for my absence. 
So, now that I've gotten all that out, I'll try to keep up with my blog on a regular basis. Thank you for hanging in there. 

Last month my iPhone ate itself and I lost also of my pictures from September through November! I have none from Jax's awesome birthday, soccer, Jax winning the 29 Palms Little Miss & Master pageant, Maryam in the Pioneer Days Parade, Halloween, or any of our daily goings on! LAME! 
I have lots to catch you all up on but I'll save that for another post. Right now Maryam is sick. She's been out of school for 3 days. Jax is completely stir crazy, and I'm starting to feel icky too. Good times! 



No comments:

Post a Comment